Monday, September 29, 2008

The Flocking


Well, you all know we are best friends with the Whitten's who live just down the street from us. I literally could not stand up and opportunity to take them by surprise, like a ninja!! LOL!! So anyways the local moms group, Alamance Mommies, is having a charitable event right now. It is called flocking and consists of a group of moms getting together late at night with some plastic pink flamingos and a sign. Members of Alamance Mommies pay us money to go and put the flamingos on someones lawn and then when that person wakes up in the morning "voila" their front lawn has been attacked by pink flamingos. Then the person who got flocked has to pay money to find out who flocked them. The money is going to a local charity for victims of sexual violence and its effects. So a very good cause.

Well, I had to pay to flock the Whitten's!! So I joined my fellow flockers and went on an adventure to flock the Whitten's a couple weeks ago. It was around 9:30 pm and everyone parked at my house to sneak down the street with the birds. Low and behold there are Deb and Brad outside their house because, we find out later on, their air conditioner was not working. So since my husband is good friends with Brad I get him to call their house and attempt to lure them inside. LOL!! Well, they did go inside. Only problem was Deb was standing looking out the front window and the windows and blinds were open. So we literally ran all the way around the back of their house and up the other side to try to sneak around the front that way. Finally we got the birds in the ground and our mission was successful. All while the Whitten's were heading upstairs to bed and their dog even barked at us one time. We were smooth!! What a rush too!! So here is a picture from the next morning when I drove by. Kayla, Deb's oldest daughter and Bella's best buddy, was outside taking in the scenery.

1 comment:

Matt & Becki Hart said...

Hi Jolene - I have been meaning to introduce myself while I surf your blog. I love reading about your family and your interactions with Deb & Brad and the kids. We miss them terribly, but are so blessed to know that they have such dear friends in you guys. Keep watching over them for us.
With love,
Becki (deb's sis)
PS - what fun the flocking must have been!