Friday, July 17, 2009

Lets Talk Growing Up

So everyday I am amazed at how big Bella is getting. Here is this little girl that I gave birth to over 7 years ago now and she is turning into this incredible young lady. As I watch her grow I learn so much about myself too. I watch her an realize every little thing I do has to be something I know she would be proud of and something I would expect from her. So I find that even when I am out and about and she is not around I watch how I act and how I talk. She has also been an even bigger motivation for me to go back to school soon, although I had planned to anyways, because she constantly tells me how proud she is of me and what I do by helping people. Yes, I will be the first to admit we already do not always see eye to eye her and I. Although, I believe it is because personality wise we are so much alike. We do butt heads a lot over things already and I know the teenage years will bring more of that in the future, so I am prepared as best I can be. I remember all too well how I was. LOL!! Every night though I tuck her in bed and she asks me to snuggle with her for a minute and chat. So that time is our time to just hang out. That is when I remember the most that I am her mother and I am her mentor. I am the one who has to live my life now with pride so that she can live her life someday with the same pride. I have to be proud of who I am. I have to stay in shape and be healthy. I have to work hard and go far in my career. I have to make sure the people I have as friends are positive and honest people to show my kids the value of true friendship. All of these things I do not have to do for just me, but for my children too so that I can be the mom they can look up to and whose footsteps they can follow with pride.



No comments: