Well, since I have not updated in awhile I thought I would just start out from today. So much has gone on over the past months that I can not even begin to go back and discuss. LOL!! I should totally be in bed right now since I have to work in the morning, but since the kids are sleeping and Terry is out seeing a movie with his friend I figured I would kick back and do a little writing. Writing has always been my therapy and the place where I can just say my thoughts while thinking them out at the same time. In fact I am working on another blog right now that will be a bit more private and is more about life. It will be my online journal so to speak.
Well, today we ventured out to the All Flutter Butterfly Farm in High Point, NC. I was living off of 4 hours sleep since I worked until 1 am the night before, but I was pumped and ready to go. I was so excited about seeing the kids reactions seeing Monarchs up close and personal. Also they sell Caterpillar Castles there which are milk weed plants covered with a bunch of Monarch eggs that you take home and watch the whole process from egg to butterfly. Bella had been waiting anxiously to get one for my butterfly flower beds. We took Bella's best friend Kayla with us today too and I am forever amazed at how much those two grow before my eyes overnight. They literally will just chat away for hours to each other and it is a friendship I am glad Bella is blessed with. We had such an amazing time at the farm today and we got to hold pads soaked with sugar water and let the butterflies land on them. We got a great lesson on butterflies and an even better learning experience. Bella has been reading about butterflies all summer because I have turned my flower beds around my home into a bird and butterfly friendly environment with flowers and plants they love all around. We have seen tons of different types of butterflies and even more big, fat, furry bumblebees. It has been such a great learning lesson for Bella.
Bella getting dressed up as a chrysalis.

Bella and Tjaden and their butterfly friends.
Bella with her butterfly.
Tjaden checking out his butterfly friend.
Bella's best friend Kayla and her butterfly. 
No comments:
Post a Comment