
Well, yesterday was Bella's 8th birthday. Hard to believe another year has passed and that 8 years ago I welcomed her with open arms. The little girl that had been known as "Princess Pink" by the NICU staff is growing into quite a young lady. This year she asked to celebrate her birthday with a simple sleepover with her best friend Kayla. As a mom I thought that was sweet, but was also excited at the thought of not having to plan out a big shindig. LOL!! So instead we celebrated at home with a nice sleepover. Kayla put on an amazing magic show, which she had been planning and practicing all week from what I hear, for Bella. I performed pedicures on the girls. Then they set up a school and salon in Bella's room for their American Girl dolls and also a Veterinary office for their animals. It is so wonderful to see two little girls who truly enjoy each others company. I watch them and always hope that they will continue to be the closest of friends through the years because when their teenage years hit it will be a fantastic bond to have. I even got a kick out of listening to some of their conversations. They have some of the best conversations.
So now I sit here thinking how quickly time flies. This little girl who I gave birth to 8 years ago is growing so fast. My mother always told me when I was a child that time would go slow, but that when I was an adult it would fly by and I would want it to slow down. Now I understand and I do want it to move a bit slower. In 8 more years I will have a 16-year-old daughter who will be wanting to get her driver's license. Talk about wanting time to slow down. I will enjoy every moment of the journey with her though.

No comments:
Post a Comment